Some people shy away from winter sessions because, well, it's cold. But winter sessions make for some prime photo ops, so don't write off the brr months. Here are 7 tips for preparing your winter session!!
1. Keep tracking the weather. Those white winter days can result in some seriously gorgeous photographs. Booking two months out probably won't work, and you'll instead want to book on shorter notice.
2. Really play up the winter accessories when planning outfits. Think cozy knit scarves, colorful coats, adorable boots, mittens, and more.
3. Plan the day out so that nobody gets fussy or too cold. A bribe of hot chocolate after the session goes a long way. Also, make sure that everyone's dressed warmly.
4. If we should by chance get snow, don't be afraid to have fun in that snow. Snowball fights? Snowman building? Angels? The possibilities are endless and this should be all about having fun.
5. Choose colors and prints that pop. An all-white background is absolutely beautiful, but having that pop of red or that flash of gingham can really make for a gorgeous photograph.
6. Pack the necessities. Noses tend to run in the cold, and glasses can fog up. Bring tissues, hand-warming packs, clean clothes, and hot beverages to keep everyone perky throughout the shoot.
7. Because it can be really cold, note that a shorter session may be in order. Make the most of your photos by using every single second to the max, especially at the beginning of the session when everyone's still warm and spirits are particularly high.
At Misty Westebbe Photography, we specialize in all your family photography needs! This includes maternity, newborn, baby, children, family, and high school senior portraits. Our Cottage Garden studio is nestled in downtown Franklin Tn on 2.5 acres, and services clients in Nashville, Franklin, Leipers Fork, Brentwood, Belle Meade, Green Hills, Thompson Station, Murfreesboro and more!